Plenteous Women’s Social Group
Join us HERE every 2nd and 4th Thursday from Noon to 1pm
Why Plenteous Women’s Social Group?
Do you regularly enjoy a good glass of wine discussing the latest best seller with your ladies’ book club? Do you take an active role in a woman’s philanthropy or professional organization? Have you recently attended a women’s conference? Or, do you just enjoy coffee, shopping or some other pastime with the girls? If so, you know, through intuition and experience, what scientists have proven: Women find regularly, consistently gathering with other women stimulating, inspirational and motivating.
We invite you to join us to:
- Forge new friendships with interesting, like-minded ladies committed to expanding their friendship gardens.
- Actively learn and share your personal perspective on important, relevant topics, as we focus on a particular topic shared through a Youtube video (i.e. podcast, TedTalk, documentary) at each meeting – discussing it as a group, and, then, more intimately explore in smaller break out groups. Topics primarily range from general life topics to financial wellness topics and everything in between. Examples include
- Being Wonder Woman Without a Cape
- Less Known, But Important Ways You are Being Influenced By Technology Today
- Most Common Financial Traps that Catch Women
- Is It Better to Be Respected or Liked?
- Enrich ourselves and others through a focus on improving our lives and the lives of those around us. This includes supporting the ideals and initiatives of Plenteous Financial Forum through establishing goals and aligning with them to enjoy a more secure, fulfilling life.
Group members understand effective relationship-building begins with an outward focus on helping others first! We will help you expand your circle to include other like-minded friends – vested in you and your life goals. Because we believe you won’t get the value out of this group through casual membership, only those considering being committed. consistent members should attend.
When and where does Plenteous Women’s Social Group meet?
Members of this group gather via Zoom, twice monthly (2nd and 4th Thursdays), from noon to 1pm. While we find Zoom to be efficient and effective in providing frequent touches with friends for women with busy schedules, we also schedule additional in-person gatherings, for members who can make it, from time-to-time.
How did Plenteous Women’s Social Group come about?
This group arose from an understanding that women desire more opportunities to build communities. However, competing work and family priorities can make carving out the time challenging – with her self-care the first thing that typically falls to the wayside during hectic times. Therefore, the intentional decision was made to offer this opportunity to use technology to come together in a consistent, low-time commitment, low-effort way to organically build meaningful, supportive relationships over time.
Who is the founder and chair of Plenteous Financial Forum and the Plenteous Women’s Social Group, Paula McMillan?
Paula (Hilliard) McMillan, CFP®, CPA, PFS, CGMA is a financial advisor, specializing in financial wellness, retirement and the unique financial planning challenges of women. Paula has been published and is regularly quoted in national and local publications, including CNBC, US News & World Report, The Tax Adviser, Journal of Accountancy, Kiplinger’s, The Business Journal, How Stuff Works and more. Additionally, she created two national AICPA podcast series on retirement planning and women and wealth and is a TEDx presenter on the topic of Retirement: Longevity and Security. Furthermore, Paula regularly delivers presentations to national, regional and local audiences on financial life planning related topics.
An active leader in her profession, Paula is the Investment Subcommittee Lead on the AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference Committee and a member on the AICPA Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) Credential Committee. She is on the Board of the Society of Financial Service Professionals and Chairs their Foundation Board. Paula is also a Board member of the Greensboro Estate Planning Council. To advocate for financial literacy and the unique savings challenges faced by women, Paula founded and chairs Plenteous Financial Forum and the NCACPA Triad Women’s Initiatives Group. Paula is also an active member of the Women’s Professional Forum, the Guild of Family Services of the Piedmont and NAPFA.
If applicable, consider also joining Plenteous Women’s Business Support Group.